Due to a growth of new work within the business, Temple Lifts is looking to recruit an experienced Major Works Project Manager to join our passionate ‘team Temple’ based in Havant, this role will cover all of Temple’s regional locations.
The candidate will be working with a passionate team of engineers and support staff, and closely with the Provincial Major Works Director to manage contracts and assist in the achievement of our financial plans for 2019 and beyond. You will be a confident individual with strong knowledge and experience within both the major lift modernisation and installation, you will possess first-class organisational and planning skills.
The role also requires technical, engineering and field management expertise and a collaborative can-do management style to work with our clients and employees.
The main duties include but are not limited to the following points:
- Participate as a leader in the Company Environmental, Health & Safety Culture.
- Support the Major Works Director in securing the annual profit plan.
- Ensure “Order” project handovers are conducted with sales manager, ensuring sales conditions, tender and technical requirements are as specified and agreed.
- Survey, prepare details for engineering and installation of new projects.
- Liaise with manufacturers, suppliers and fabricators on design, layouts and products information.
- Procure capital equipment/materials and attendances.
- Obtain client drawing, design and finishes approvals prior to manufacture.
- Identify and secure qualified professional labour in agreement with Project Managers.
- Agree and finalise site programmes of works with consultants / clients.
- Compile site specific CDM H&S plans as well as site set ups.
- Attend pre-contract and pre-start meetings as required.
- Conduct thorough contract / project handovers with project managers well in advance of works commencing.
- Assist with contract application valuations, and achieve approvals and payments.
- Offer engineering support from project start-ups through to completions.
- Work alongside project managers to achieve timely handovers with minimal controllable defects and snags.
- Ensure test and handover of completed works to legislative and company standards.
- Assist with technical compilation of O&M manuals supporting admin staff where required.
- Carry out ad hoc site installation and modernisation audits.
- Participate in achieving Key Performance Indictors for major works delivery:
- Zero time lost accidents
- Complete jobs at estimated costs plus minimum of 5% or better
- On-time completions in line with customer expectations
- 100% collection of invoices
- No customer complaints
- 120% & 100% billings & cash coverage respectively.
As expected with a position at this level, we are providing an attractive package based around a competitive salary and commissions, this includes a company car and fuel card.
- Temple Lifts provides a contributory pension scheme, which you will be auto-enrolled into (subject to the conditions of the scheme).
- Fully paid annual leave entitlement of 25 days during a complete holiday year as well as public/bank holidays.
- Life Assurance. During your employment with Temple Lifts, you will be covered under our Employee Life Assurance policy, which provides a death service payment equivalent to two times your annual salary.
Temple Lifts is an equal opportunities employer and has a strict anti-discrimination policy which includes age, sex, origin and disability. Additionally, we have a culture of continuous improvement, and training ensures that every employee has the opportunity for personal development.
Temple Lifts is now a Hitachi group company. Accordingly, candidates will have the longer-term possibility of development and career opportunities within the wider Hitachi group of companies.
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company regrets that it cannot accept applications from any individuals without this entitlement.