Temple Lifts is committed to the well-being and safety of our employees and all those who may be affected by our work. Our Health and Safety policy focuses on removing the risk and severity of accidents and dangerous occurrences to workers and members of the public in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other applicable legislation.
Our Health and Safety policy and processes are constantly reviewed and actively managed and communicated to employees as part of our everyday business practices. Temple Lifts’ Directors take a hands-on approach to improving safety in all areas of our business. We constantly monitor our activity to ensure that our health and safety arrangements are fully resourced at all times.
CONSTRUCTION (DESIGN & MANAGEMENT) REGULATIONS 2015
We have extensive CDM 2015 experience and frequently act as Principal Contractor or Contractor on construction projects. We believe a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the participants on construction projects plus a comprehensive and specific Construction Phase Plan on all our major works projects is key to our construction success.
CONSTRUCTION PHASE PLANS
We always ensure the Construction Phase Plan is approved before construction works start and that it includes the project safety statement and arrangements for us to effectively manage health and safety.
When appointed as the Principal Contractor we ensure that we plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the construction phase of a project. This includes:
- Liaising with the client and principal designer
- Preparing the construction phase plan
- Organising cooperation between contractors and coordinating their work
Acting in the capacity of Principal Contractor, it is also our responsibility for ensuring that:
- Suitable site inductions are provided
- Reasonable steps are taken to prevent unauthorised access to the site
- Ensuring workers are consulted and engaged in securing their health and safety
- Welfare facilities are provided
When appointed as the Principal Designers we ensure that we plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the pre-construction phase of a project by:
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks
- Ensuring other designers (associated with the project) carry out their duties
- Prepare and provide relevant information to other duty holders associated with the project
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor to assist in planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the construction phase