Poor lift and escalator performance are a substantial issue in modern buildings. With older technology, equipment or where building occupancy has increased over the years, poor lift response time or noisy escalator chains and steps can create frustration for both building occupants and visitors alike.
Poor performance can be attributed to several of the lift’s major components.
- Old style (20 years plus) relay-based control systems
- Control systems originally specified for less duty
- Worn, troublesome or under specified power units
- Worn, problematic lift car passenger controls
- Old style control systems
- Worn chains
- Worn, troublesome power units
- Worn gearbox